Need the best WordPress caching plugins to speed up your website?
Google has made it pretty clear that it uses page load time as a major factor of search engine rankings so having a caching plugin is must.
Caching is more complex nowadays and most of the SEO plugins that look pretty easy to use are really not that straightforward.
Were going to go over what caching is and why you need it so its easy to understand. We’ll also go over a list of the best WordPress cache plugins you can use today to make your web pages load at lightning speed. Let’s jump right in!
What is WordPress caching?
WordPress caching is one of the fastest ways to improve your website’s performance. Caching enhances page loading speed and performance by storing a static version of your website in a temporary storage called a cache. So when someone visits your website, the browser can get those files from the cache so that the page can be loaded much faster.
What are the best WordPress caching plugins?
Now, which WordPress caching plugins are the best? Lets go over the best 5 WordPress caching plugins you can use to speed up your website today. Number one on our list is WP Rocket!
1. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is one of the most popular WordPress caching plugins that you can use to make your site load super fast and improve SEO performance. It has been installed on over 1 million websites and performs better than most WordPress cache plugins on the market. I use this plugin on many of my sites and it really does make a difference in speed and performance.
WP Rocket can work for any type of website, from a simple WordPress blog to a large eCommerce store. What I really like is that the simple to use interface and quick setup. When you first install WP Rocket, the page caching feature is automatically activated for you.
WP Rocket is great for someone who would like the power to optimize WordPress without any confusing configurations or technical skills. Although, this plugin isn’t available for free you may be able to get a WP Rocket coupon for a discount on pricing.
WP Rocket pricing for one website is $49, three websites are $99 and unlimited websites for $199 with updates for a year. I’ll leave a link in the description for all the free and premium plugins mentioned in the video and include any discounts available. Let’s review some of WP rockets best features.
- It offers an easy to use dashboard for beginners and developers so you can easily make advanced customizations without technical knowledge.
- Page caching is immediately activated after it’s installed.
- Lazy Load feature speeds up your website by delaying the loading of images until a visitor scroll downs the page. For example, when you’re on a website that has lazy load enabled, you will only see the web content or images that are above the fold or the portion of a web page that is visible without scrolling. Images will only be loaded as you scroll down the page, which improves the load time of the page.
- Heartbeat Control feature can help you prevent large amounts of unneeded Ajax requests from affecting your websites performance.
- It’s compatible with popular eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce and website builders like Elementor.
2. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is one of the most advanced free WordPress caching plugins that can help you improve faster loading times and performance. It has 1.5 million users and offers a wider range of advanced caching features and capabilities. This plugin is compatible almost every kind of hosting option including shared, cloud and dedicated servers.
W3 Total Cache has a lot the same features as WP Rocket and more, however the settings are a bit more complex, which can be a little overwhelming at first. So, it does require more time and some technical skills to get everything setup but once configured, it can give you a 10x improvement in overall performance.
If you’re unsure or confused about which settings are the best for your website, there are many tutorials online that can walk you through step by step. If the W3 Total Cache free version doesn’t give you the features or performance you need then you may want to try W3 Cache Pro which offers more features and better performance options like lazy loading for google maps, fragment caching and elimination of render blocking CSS, which can save resources and reduce response times. The pro version cost’s $99 for an annual subscription, however let review what features come with the free version.
- Page Caching
- Browser Caching.
- Database Caching.
- Object Caching support.
- Automatic CDN support.
- Lazy Load of Images and Media.
Still need more info? Read our W3 Total Cache review or visit w3totalcache.com
3. WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is another well known free WordPress caching plugin which can decrease your loading time and improve site speed. This has similar features as W3 Super Cache and currently has over 2 million active installations.
What I really like is how easy it is to use. They have an easy setting that allows you to turn caching on or off. They also have an advanced setting, which allows you to can choose between two different caching delivery methods. There’s a “Simple” default selection, which uses PHP to serve cached static files or you can choose the “Expert” option, which uses an Apache module for serving these files. The “Expert” or Apache method requires editing your .htaccess file but it can make your site perform faster than using the “Simple” option. However, the “Simple” option should work perfectly for most WordPress sites.
- This plugin has earned a reputation caching facilities for your websites, regardless of their type and size.
- The backend interface comes up with most of the settings, therefore, it is easier to comprehend and activate even for beginners.
- Fortunately, it has integrated with a unique CDN setup to ensure better files distribution.
Still need more info? Read our WP Super Cache review or visit wpsupercache.org
4. WP Fastest Cache
- Caching for Desktop, mobile and widgets.
- Browser caching to minimize page load time for repeat visitors.
- Reduce file size and increase speed of transfer from the server with Gzip compression.
- Compatible with WooCommerce plugins
Still need more info? Read our WP Fastest Cache Review or visit wpfastestcache.com
5. Comet Cache
Comet Cache is a popular free and premium WordPress cache plugin. This plugin offers fast configuration to set up your caching process within minutes. It has a quick two-minute setup, just install the plugin and everything is configured for you. It has a user-friendly its dashboard navigation is.
Even more, most of the people like this plugin because it is very informative. You can find plenty of resources that will tell you everything you need to know about caching. This will also help you to configure the right settings for your WordPress site’s optimization.
- It will let you do caching on posts, categories, pages, tags, etc.
- The pro version offers intelligent and automatic clear caching. This way you can set your caching preferences during installation and then you can enjoy a free-hand approach later.
Still need more info? Read our Comet Cache Review or visit CometCache.com
If you have a website then having fast loading website is a must. You can easily pick any of these WordPress caching plugins to use to make your life easier and speed up your website. We suggest trying out any of these caching plugins and see what works best for you and your website. Have you used any of these WordPress caching plugins? Please let us know your experience with them and which one you think is best.